A scientific consulting firm located in the Dupont Circle area of Washington, D.C. is looking for an intelligent and enthusiastic full-time Research Assistant. Responsibilities include:
- Summarizing research studies; preparing research memos; compiling scientific reports; conducting Internet and library searches; reviewing and editing scientific reports for spelling, grammar, and correct formatting; checking calculations and references
- Maintaining chemical and product information and literature databases
- Working with U.S. EPA Safer Choice Community through the customer relationship management service, Salesforce
- Performing reviews of product formulations to create scopes of work
- Creating and revising Standard Operating Procedures and templates as necessary
- Providing administrative support to ToxServices’ scientific staff including ensuring that all staff and subcontractors submit timesheets on-time and in the correct format; reporting payroll; performing staff leave and billable rate calculations, and HR-related items such as new hire briefing and employee benefit programs
- Performing office administration duties including ensuring that Quickbooks accounts payable and accounts receivable are kept up to date, working with project manager to invoice clients, working with bookkeeper to reconcile bank statements, coordinating with vendors, ensuring that office supplies are kept in stock and well organized, and maintaining vendor, client, and personnel files
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree and must have taken college chemistry and biology. You will work with all ToxServices staff, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, and clients. Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, time management, and a pleasant disposition is a must.
Experience with QuickBooks, Salesforce, Reference Manager, or previous experience working in a consulting firm environment is a plus. Excellent benefits, including full medical and dental insurance, life insurance, transportation allowance, and 401k matching. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone call inquiries, please.
For more information about ToxServices, please go to www.toxservices.com.
Job Duties includes, but not limited to the following: Prepare and review quantitative human health risk assessments (cancer & non cancer) and risk and safety/ hazard assessment, and ecotoxicological safety on materials including consumer products, personal care products, food additives and dietary supplements, and their constituents. Use published frameworks and guidance documents to support hazard, safety and risk assessments to meet regulatory requirements of U.S., Canadian and European regulations such as U.S. FDA & EPA, Health Canada, ECHA/REACH, OECD & ICH. Conduct literature research and critical reviews of literature in support of risk assessments and toxicological evaluations. Perform hazard assessments and modeling of chemicals under EPA’s ECOSAR, EPI Suite, Benchmark Dose Software and QSAR Toolbox. Conduct toxicological reviews for products being evaluated under various ANSI-accredited standards. Use software to evaluate toxicity. Technical writing and oral presentation.
M-F, 09:00 am to 05:30 pm (40 hours per week).
$59K – $83K per year
Masters in Toxicology with two years experience in research and development in environmental and health sciences and assessments of environmental/ecological hazards and risks. Experience gained before or after earning the degree will be accepted.
Duration of Job:
Full time permanent position.
Mail resume to:
1367 Connecticut Ave., N.W., Ste 300,
Washington, D.C. 20036