ToxServices LLC (“ToxServices,” “we,” or “our”) provides this privacy notice (this “Privacy Notice”) to inform You of our policies and procedures regarding the collection, use, maintenance, protection, and disclosure of information we receive from users whether as a registered member of or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a “ToxServices User,” “You,” or “Your”), www.toxservices.com or any other internet properties owned and/or controlled by ToxServices which includes, among other things, a subscription service that currently provides subscribers with detailed chemical hazard assessments and may expand to include other services in the future, available at https://database.toxservices.com/ (the “Site”). This Privacy Notice also applies to information in email or other electronic messages between You and the Site, including but not limited to content You upload to the Site, and when You interact with any of our advertising or applications on third-party websites and services, if those advertising or applications include links to the Site.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
The Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 16. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know or suspect is a child under the age of 16. If You are under the age of 16, do not use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features, or provide any information about Yourself to us, including Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or username You may use.
If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If You believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us by sending us an e-mail stating Your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address provided below.
Our Privacy Notice applies to any user of our Site. Our registered users access information, products, and content related to chemical hazard assessments. Content and data on some areas of our website is viewable by non-members. ToxServices is the “controller” of Your Personal Data, which means we determine the purpose and means of processing Your Personal Data. This Privacy Notice explains those purposes and means to You, and You have choices over the collection and use of Your data. As a user of our Site, the collection, use, and disclosure of Your Personal Data is subject to this Privacy Notice and any subsequent updates.
We only collect and use Your Personal Data when we have a lawful basis to do so. Legal bases include Your consent (You have granted us permission to use Your Personal Data) and situations where processing is necessary to fulfill a contractual obligation, such as providing services You request or responding to a request or communication from You. Where we rely on Your consent for processing, You have the right to change, withdraw, or withhold Your consent. Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, services, features, and content, to administer Your membership (together, the “Service”) and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site. As part of our ongoing business operations, we may process Your Personal Data based on our legitimate interest or the legitimate interest of a third party (e.g., Your employer or company), except were such interests are outweighed by Your rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests include:
- Investigating, preventing, and protecting against fraud, security risks, threats to You and others, and violations of this policy;
- Verifying Your identity and qualification for Database access;
- Protecting and defending our rights and properties, including intellectual property;
- Complying with laws and regulations that apply to us, as well as responding to requests from law enforcement or government authorities or as otherwise required by law;
- Understanding and improving our website, user experience, and customer relationships; and/or
- Enabling our business operations.
We do not make automated decisions using Personal Data. With regard to the Database, Personal Data will be stored by us for up to one year after expiration of subscription term, unless You request to have Your data retained by Us for ongoing business communications.
We collect information You choose to share with us, as well as information sent to us by Your browser. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which You may be personally identified, such as first name, last name, username and password, address, phone number, e-mail address, IP address or any other identifier by which You may be contacted or identified online or offline;
- That You provide when You contact us via our website, including Your e-mail address, the content of Your message, and any additional Personal Data You choose to share;
- That is about You or Your actions on the Site but individually does not identify You, such as how You arrived at the Site; and
- About Your Internet connection, IP address, search queries, browsing actions, the equipment You use to access the Site, and usage details.
We collect such information:
- Directly from You when You provide it to us (e.g., when You register with us through the Site or when You use the Services). Registering an account is voluntary, and we collect Your Personal Data only upon Your consent when You submit the registration form. You can withdraw Your consent and cancel Your account at any time;
- Directly from Your employer or the entity on whose behalf You are using the Service, if applicable, when they provide it to us;
- Automatically when ToxServices Users visit the Site, our servers record information that Your browser sends whenever You visit a website (e.g., usage details such as pages of the Site that You visit, the time spent on those pages, information You search for on our Site, access times and dates, the webpage You were visiting before You came to the Site, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other statistics) (“Log Data”); and
- From third parties (e.g., our business partners).
We collect Personal Data You provide to us for the following purposes:
- Account Management: When You register a member account, You will be asked to provide basic contact information, including Your name, company, address, phone number, and e-mail address. As part of Your account, we will ask You to create a user name and provide a password. We collect this information for the purpose of providing You with access to certain features on our websites or services You request.
- Webinar, Subscription and Communication Management: We produce webinars, newletters and other publications. If You choose to participate in a webinar or subscribe to our newsletters and/or publications, we will ask You to submit Your name, company, address, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address. We will use this information for the purpose of delivering requested copies of our content. Delivery of our newsletter and publication content directly to You does require Your contact information, but You can manage Your communication preferences and unsubscribe from our mailings at any time by emailing Us at email@example.com or by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the communication. If You contact us directly, Your communications with us will include Your contact information, as well as any additional Personal Data You choose to share with us.
- Analytics and Internal Reports: In order to build a better service for You, occasionally we will track usage, up/down load speeds and any other information necessary to determine whether the servers are appropriate for the demand and to monitor suspect activity with regard to protecting our property.
- New Features. From time to time, we may add new features to our website, and we will notify You when those features materially change how we process Your Personal Data. In some circumstances, we may ask for Your consent before we collect Your data as part of the new features.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
Pages of the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit ToxServices to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE
How we use Your Personal Data will depend on what services You are using and the permissions You have given us. We use information collected on the Site in the following ways:
- We use Your Personal Data to provide the Service and administer Your inquiries.
- We use Log Data to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to ToxServices Users’ needs. We also use this information to verify that ToxServices Users meet the criteria required to process their requests.
- We may aggregate Your Personal Data with information collected from other ToxServices Users to attempt to provide You with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Site and Service are used. We may also use Your Personal Data without aggregating it to serve You specifically (e.g., to deliver a service to You according to Your preferences or restrictions).
- We use Your data (including Your communications) when necessary for security purposes or to investigate possible fraud or other violations of this policy and/or attempts to harm our users.
We disclose the least amount of personal information that is necessary to accomplish a specific purpose or where You have provided consent.
Information collected on the Site is shared or disclosed in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Service are used. These third parties have access to Your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Industry Analysis: We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Data and we may otherwise disclose Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain Your Personal Data.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement: ToxServices cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about You to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to, subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of ToxServices or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Business Transfers: ToxServices may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including Your Personal Data, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. In such event, Your personal information will continue to be protected by this Privacy Notice.
- Analytics and Internal Reports: In order to build a better service for You, occasionally we engage third parties to track usage, up/down load speeds and any other information necessary to determine whether the servers are appropriate for the demand and to monitor suspect activity with regard to protecting our property.
- Marketing and Advertising: We use Google Analytics to display ToxServices promotional materials to You on other sites You visit across the web. To facilitate this service, Google Analytics gathers Your IP address and may also read cookies already on Your browser. You have options for controlling how this information is shared, including managing the ad and cookie settings in Your browser. If you are a resident of the European Union (EU), you may also exercise your data subject rights.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
If You are an EU data subject and we process Your personal data, You have a number of rights, which are set out below. For data processing activities where You have provided Your consent, You may change Your consent at any time. You also have certain rights to Your Personal Data, which include:
- Accessing Your Personal Data to know what information we have collected and how it has been used and shared
- Requesting the deletion of all or some of Your Personal Data
- Changing or correcting inaccurate or outdated information
- Objecting to, limiting, or restricting the use of all or some of Your Personal Data
- Requesting a copy of Your Personal Data
To exercise Your rights, You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address provided below. Personal Data is necessary to provide the Service, and as such, if You completely delete all such information, then Your account may become deactivated. If You would like us to delete Your record in our system, please contact us at email@example.com or at the address provided below, with a request that we delete Your Personal Data from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor Your request. We may retain an archived copy of Your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to You some of the features and functionality of the Service. At any time, You may object to the processing of Your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if we have violated Your privacy rights or applicable data protection laws. If You do not wish to have Your e-mail address and contact information used by ToxServices to communicate with You about our activities and services, You may send us an e-mail stating Your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are accessing the Database from outside the United States, Personal Data that we collect from and about You and Your use of the Database will be transferred to and stored in the United States. The United States may have laws that are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of Your own country. To ensure the continued protection of Your data while in our care, we take appropriate organizational and technical measures. We will only transfer Your data if an appropriate level of protection for Your Personal Data is guaranteed, such as where we have contractual obligations to protect or transfer data with certain safeguards in place. We may also transfer Your Personal Data if one of the approved legal exceptions can be invoked.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, residents of the State of California that have provided any Personal Data to us have the right to request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, the law provides that if we have a privacy notice that gives either an opt-out or opt-in choice for use of personally identifiable information by third parties (such as advertisers or affiliated companies) for marketing purposes, we may instead provide You with information on how to exercise Your disclosure choice options. If You are a resident of the State of California and request information about how to exercise Your third party disclosure choices, please send a request to email@example.com with a preference on how our response to Your request should be sent.
Additionally, CalOPPA requires us to disclose how we respond to “do-not-track” requests from our users. At this time, we do not currently respond to “do-not-track” requests from our users’ browsers.
We have implemented measures designed to secure Your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of Your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. While on a secure page, the lock icon on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open when You are merely “surfing.”
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect Your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of Your Personal Data transmitted to the Site. Any transmission of Personal Data is at Your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may modify this Privacy Notice at any time, at our discretion, and modifications are effective upon being posted on any part of the Service.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Data, we will notify You through a notice on the Site’s home page or by other reasonable means. The date on which the Privacy Notice was last revised appears at the beginning of this Privacy Notice.
If You have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at: ToxServices LLC, 1526 New Hampshire Avenue, N.W., Suite 350, Washington, D.C. 20036.